Bequests and Other Planned Gifts
You can create a legacy of hope for vulnerable children through a planned gift to Tri-Lakes CASA, Inc.
Most Popular Gift Plans
Bequests Through Your Will
A bequest to Tri-Lakes CASA, Inc is one of the most effective and simplest ways to make a lasting impact on the lives of vulnerable children in Garland, Hot Spring, and Grant Counties. You may specify a specific amount or a percentage you wish to give to Tri-Lakes CASA. If you would like to make such a gift, you may include language similar to the following:
“I, [name], of [city, state, zip code], give, devise and bequeath to Tri-Lakes CASA, Inc., an Arkansas 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation having its principal office at 508 Ouachita Ave, Suite B, Hot Springs, AR 71901, [written amount or percentage of the estate or description of property] to be used for the furtherance of its charitable purposes in the discretion and at the direction of its board of trustees for its unrestricted use and purpose.”
If you are considering making a gift by bequest, please meet with your attorney to discuss the ramifications and, if appropriate, to update your will.
Giving Retirement Funds and Insurance Policies
If you would like to create a legacy for children but do not wish to write a will, you can name Tri-Lakes CASA, Inc. as beneficiary of your retirement account or life insurance policy.
- Retirement account: You can have a positive impact on children far into the future by naming Tri-Lakes CASA, Inc. as beneficiary or contingent beneficiary of an IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or other retirement account. Please consult with your financial planner or attorney regarding considerations when making this type of gift.
- Insurance policies: Life insurance may be used to create a legacy by naming Tri-Lakes CASA, Inc. as beneficiary or contingent beneficiary of the policy. This requires that you complete a change of beneficiary form with your insurance company. You do not have to work with an attorney or an accountant to make this type of gift.
Tax-Smart Gifting Strategies
Consider tax-smart gifting strategies while living.
These may include:
• Gifting highly appreciated stock or mutual funds that you hold in a taxable investment account – You can avoid paying capital gains tax and you may receive a tax deduction for your charitable gift.
• Gifting Required Minimum Distributions (RMD’s) from an IRA or qualified retirement plan directly to a non-profit charity – Your distribution will not be subject to federal tax if done correctly. There is a specific procedure for accomplishing this so be sure to consult with your financial advisor.
• Additionally, there are other advanced tax advantaged gifting strategies utilizing special trusts. Consult with your financial advisor for more information.
We recommend consulting with your financial advisor, tax advisor, and estate planning attorney when planning your gift.
Our staff can assist you as you consider making a planned gift to the Tri-Lakes CASA, Inc. Please contact us by email for assistance or call (501) 321-9269. You may also write to:
508 Ouachita Ave. Ste. B
Hot Springs, AR 71901
Employer Identification Number (EIN) 71-0778913